The Actron CP9690 is a professional-grade diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading both OBD1 and OBD II compliant vehicles. This makes it be an ideal tool for both professional mechanics and Do-it-yourself enthusiasts. The device features COdeConnect, which enables quick diagnosis of issues and saves both time and money. It is not a basic scanner, just like the Actron CP9660 Pocketscan tool. Even the Actron CP9690 is a more powerful tool than the most popular Actron CP9670 scanner. Read this Actron CP9690 review to know more about this scan tool.
Its extensive vehicle coverage makes it perfect for its price as you will read and erase error codes on 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles and 1984 to 1995 OBD1 compliant vehicles. Its design makes using it to be easy, and the large LCD color screen displays all the data retrieved from the car computer system.
Technical Specifications of the Actron cp9690 trilingual OBD i/OBD ii Elite scanner
|Works:||ALL 1996 and later vehicles|
|Display:||Easy to read color LCD screen|
|Powertrain and ABS Vehicle coverage:||Yes|
|Support:||OBD I, OBD II|
|Views freeze frame data:||Yes|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|Record, playback, and graph live engine data:||Yes|
|OBD I cables and coverage:||Yes|
|Oil light and battery reset:||Yes|
|Battery system monitor:||Yes|
|Update option:||Yes (Via the internet)|
|Dimensions:||10.2 x 13.6 x 5.4 inches|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
The multilingual feature allows different users from different areas to have an easy time with the device as they can choose from English, Spanish, French, or Espanyol. Apart from this, the scanner offers fast and accurate results making it be great for auto repair shops and technicians. The scanning device is ideal for most car brands manufactured from 1996 to 2015. It is capable of diagnosing both new and old car models.
AutoScanner Actron CP9690 Review 2021
In this Actron CP9690 review, we’ve discussed the Actron CP9690 in detail. Learn about its features, pros, and cons. Actron is one of the top scan tool brands, and its products are very reliable. Additionally, they have a great team of ASE staff who will help answer your queries and provide you with solutions. Read on to know more about the Actron CP9690 trilingual OBD1/OBD2 diagnostic scanner.
Related: Basic Tool – Actron CP9125 Review [PocketScan Code Reader]
Why pick the Actron CP9690 diagnostic scanner?
- Actron cp9690 elite scanner is fast and accurate.
- Ergonomic design
- Extensive vehicle coverage
Features of the Actron CP9690
- It features OBD1 cables for 1984 to 1995 GM and Ford vehicles and 1989 to 1995 Toyota and Chrysler vehicles.
- Actron cp9690 elite scan tool provides a component locator, which allows quick and easy replacement of error parts even on unfamiliar vehicles.
- The gadget is compatible with all 1996 and newer import, domestic, hybrid, and diesel vehicles, both CAN and OBD 2, as well as 1994 and 1995 OBD2 compliant vehicles.
- It can be utilized to reset the oil light for most 1996 – 2013 BMW and GM, and some Hyundai and Ford.
- It reads SRS codes and definitions and ABS codes and definitions for most 1996 – 2013 Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, and Nissan vehicles.
- It gives a PID name description in live data saving the trouble of looking up to it.
- It features CodeConnect, which is a database of 26 million verified repairs enabling quick and efficient troubleshooting and repair.
- It is able to reset the battery light on Mini Cooper, BMW, and Ford F-service trucks.
- Provides trilingual menu and code definitions in English, French, and Spanish
- It allows graphing of two PIDs at the same time.
- The device can be updated via a USB port, ensuring an easy-to-use interface with the computer.
- It is able to record real-time data, record it, and even print it to a computer by connecting the USB cable.
- Performs special functions such as battery/alternator/charging system
- It is able to read and display freeze frame data (a snapshot of vehicle information at the time the fault occurred).
- The scan tool has advanced functions such as code-linking capabilities, enabling fast fixes and compatibility across boards, as well as anti-lock brakes.
- Has the capability to read and display all available I/M monitors
- The device has the ability to read and display engine and transmission codes for some vehicles
- Comes with a reliable support team of ASE’s technical staff who provides some of the most up-to-date queries, enabling the tool users to read and analyze uninterrupted data coding with maximum answers for different users.
- It has external power with its stand charger option that allows the user to utilize the device even when the car is off.
Why should you buy Actron elite Autoscanner cp9690?
- Convenient scan tool – the CP9690 is a very convenient diagnostic code reader as it is able to read error codes on both OBD1 and OBD 2 vehicles. This makes it be ideal for both professional mechanics and DIYers.
- User-friendly scanner – with its multilingual menu, large LCD color screen, and compact design, the CP9690 is an easy-to-use device and fun to handle. It is also sturdily built and easy to store.
- Extensive vehicle coverage – with its extensive vehicle coverage of most OBD2 compliant vehicles manufactured from 1996 to 2013 and OB1 compliant vehicles from 1984 to 1995, this is a great tool for people who handle many cars.
- Compact design – it is compactly designed for easy use and storage. So, you won’t have a hard time holding it as you work on different car parts.
- Multilingual menu – if you don’t understand English well, you can still change the scan tool language to French, Spanish, or Espanyol. This makes it easy for different people from different regions. But for CodeConnect, it is only in English.
- A wide range of functions – this is a versatile device that performs basic functions and has some extra features found in high-level scanners. Some of these functions include oil light and battery reset, ABS and airbag vehicle coverage, battery system monitor, read and erase error codes, etc.
- Updateable – this device can be updated via the internet by connecting the USB cable to a PC. This makes it work on the latest vehicle models and makes. Just connect the USB port and download the latest fixes.
- 1-year warranty – the manufacturer provides a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. As a result, you can get a replacement if you receive a defective code reader.
- Comfortable, small, manageable
- You do not need additional equipment such as a smartphone or tablet because this is all in one.
- Excellent price-performance ratio
- The greatest potential with a machine that will ensure a smooth and professional work
- It is quite expensive when compared to other Foxwell scan tools
- Actron cp9690 elite scan device has some compatibility issues, and you should get in touch with the manufacturer before buying this scanner.
- Many customers have complained about the poor customer service that Actron offers. The manufacturer should improve on this.
Getting a scan tool that features both OBD1 and OBD2 functions is not easy. Some early scanners failed totally, but the Actron CP9690 trilingual scanner has stood out from the rest. But before you buy any OBD1/OBD2 scan tool, you need to get in touch with the manufacturer or read reviews and know if it is compatible with your car or not.
Actron CP9690 trilingual OBD1/OBD2 diagnostic scanner is fast, reliable, accurate, and very easy to use. It is compatible with a wide range of vehicles and performs a wide range of functions. At such a great price, this scan tool is worth every penny. I hope this Actron cp9690 review was helpful for you.
Question: How do I diagnose my OBD1 one vehicle?
Answer: Since this scanner is compatible with both OBD1 and OBD2 vehicles, then you can use it to diagnose different cars as long as it was manufactured between 1984 and 2013. Therefore, you will get an OBD1 and OBD2 cable which you will have to connect while diagnosing the respective vehicle. For the rest of the process, you can follow your user manual in order to read or clear DTCs.
Question: Will the CP9690 code reader erase codes such as misfiring plugs?
Answer: Yes, it will. This scanner will read and erase all codes related to the check engine light, ABS warning light, and Airbag warning light.
Actron CP9690 is a reliable OBD2 scanner with CodeConnect, OBD II, CAN, Trilingual, and Expanded ABS Coverage Scan Tool that will change your approach to your car’s handling. The tool has everything you need for a professional and amateur. It is important to note that the tool is able to be used everywhere, so you do not need to have anything extra (such as a smartphone or tablet). Actron CP9690 has an LCD display. It can show more than crawl errors and explanations. You can click only a few buttons, and you’ll see everything you’ve just pulled out of your vehicle. Product manufacturers have extensive experience of over 40 years in this field. Therefore, they are true professionals in this market, so they made their product particularly strong and impregnable for this price-quality ratio. This is the best AutoScanner you can buy.