The Autel Al619 diagnostic scan tool is a great OBD2 scanner for beginner technicians, mechanics or DIY enthusiasts who want to advance from a basic code reader to an advanced scanner. Basic code readers are amazing and easy to use, but they’re only suitable for small tasks like reading and clearing error codes.
For those who want to an Autel brand scanner at an affordable price; the Autel AL619 is a great tool to acquire. It is sold at a very fair price but comes with additional features that basic scanners lack. The AL619 automotive scanner can determine why the check engine light, SRS, or ABS warning lights are on. Read this Autel AL619 review to know more about this scanner.
Related: Autel Maxidiag Elite MD802 Review
This scan tool provides similar features as the Autel Al519 scanner, but it also features ABS & SRS system diagnosis, code reading and clearing. In addition, it covers more than 50 vehicle manufacturers. Therefore, it is a wonderful device to have if you deal with more than two car models.
|Works:||All 1996 or older vehicles|
|Display:||TFT color display|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|ABS, SRS Airbag:||Yes|
|Views freeze frame data:||Yes|
|Retrieves vehicle information:||IN,CIN and CVN|
|Reads, Stores, and Playback Live PCM DataStream:||Yes|
|Displays monitor and I/M readiness status(emissions):||Yes|
|Retrieve and Clear Codes in Anti Lock Braking System (ABS):||Yes|
|Model Support:||Over 50 different vehicle|
|O2 Sensor Monitor Tests:||Yes|
|Vehicle Service Type:||GM, Ford, BMW, Chrysler, Volvo, Honda, VW Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan,etc..|
|Update option:||Lifetime Free Update|
|Warranty:||One Year Warranty|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Remember, Autel al619 is a perfect tool for srs and abs, but not suitable for professional use. If you want more advanced features like EPB, Airbag, Oil Reset etc features, then Autel Maxidiag Elite MD802 or Autel MaxiCheck Pro scanner. You have to double your budget to get these tool.
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Autel AL619 Autolink obdii scan tool
- 2 Features and Autel AL619 Review 2019
- 3 Features Details: Autel AL619 Autolink Scanner
- 4 Recap: Main information about the Autel AL619
- 5 Why is this scanner useful for car owners?
- 6 What comes with the case:
- 7 Why you should buy Autel Al619?
- 8 Setbacks
- 9 Autel Al619 vs ML619
- 10 FAQ
Features and Autel AL619 Review 2019
- The Autel AL619 is a versatile code reader as it is able to retrieve manufacturer-specific, generic, and pending codes.
- This scanner has the ability to diagnose and erase both the anti-lock braking system and safety restraint system. These two are very important safety features for any car.
- Apart from providing a visual display with LEDs, the AL619 as well offers audio sounds. This built-in audio technique informs the user when the scanner is done scanning and fully repaired.
- It is compatible with a wide range of vehicles that are OBD1, OBD2, and CAN compliant. This includes more than 50 car brands from Asia, Europe, and the domestic market.
- It is of a compact design and lightweight as it only measures 70.9 by 31.5 by 102.4-inches. With these two features, this is a simple to use and portable diagnostic code reader.
- It as well features the IM messaging which offer the user the capacity to get live data feeds and the ability to check the status emissions.
- The Autel AL619 performs a wide range of functions such as retrieving vehicle information, retrieve and clear codes in ABS & SRS, view freeze frame data, and reads, stores, and playback live data stream.
Extensive vehicle coverage
One of the main reasons as to why people advance from a basic scan tool to a more advanced code reader is to cover more vehicles and perform a wide range of tasks. The Autel AL619 scanner covers OBD1, OBD2, and CAN vehicles. This includes more than 50 car brands – domestic, European, and Asian vehicles. Some of the car brands that the Autel AL619 works on include Mercedes, Peugeot, Jaguar, Ford, BMW, GM, Mitsubishi, Honda, Hyundai, Subaru, VW, Land Rover, etc.
If you’re looking for a reliable scan tool, then the Autel AL619 diagnostic code reader is a great tool for you. Not only is this scanner reliable, but it is also very accurate. So, using this scanner will ensure that you get accurate results every time the check engine light or SRS light comes on. Additionally, the scanner features a built-in audio and LCD screen that simplifies the work of the mechanic.
Furthermore, the intuitive user interface and sleek design are easy to handle and it can fit in tight areas during use. If you drop it accidentally, the device will not break or crash as it is protected from impact with the outer cover or housing.
A Wide range of functions
Whether you want to detect faults on anti-lock brakes, supplemental restraint system, and airbag system, this device will come to your rescue. Also, it can be used to read, store, and playback live data stream. Other important functions include turning off check engine light, clear codes, and reset monitors. This is more than just a basic code reader and can be used for a wide range of uses. If you want more functionality than this, then look at the Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro.
Intuitive User Interface
As we’ve discussed earlier, this code reader comes with easy to use features. It has a large LCD color screen that displays the information detected from your car computer system. The LCD screen allows the results to be read even in dimly lit areas. It has a built-in audio that helps in ensuring that you don’t miss on the results. While the clearly labeled buttons make the device to be simple to use even by beginners. With its multilingual menu, you can switch to a language that you’re okay with.
High-quality and aesthetic value
The Autel AL619 is perfectly designed and very appealing to the eye. In addition, it has the capability to scan excellently due to its high resilience rate. With these two features combined together, they make the AL619 diagnostic scanner to be very reliable and efficient in performance.
Even though this scanner comes with additional features that make it be ideal for technicians as well as mechanics, it is sold at a very great price. So, you get additional features that cannot be found in basic code readers in a simple and reliable gadget. In addition, it is very easy to use and comes with free lifetime update.
Recap: Main information about the Autel AL619
- It can be used with ALL 1996 and other newer vehicles.
- Reconcilable with Domestic, European and Asian vehicles.
- Identifies ABS/SRS system codes on main models that were created 1996 or later.
- Reads vehicle information (VIN, CIN, and CVN).
- Recovers general (P0, P2, P3 and U0), producer particular (P1, P3 and U1) and pending codes.
- TF memory card for data backup and software update.
- Shuts off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and ABS/SRS error lights, removes codes and sorts out monitors.
- Scans, collects and restores live PCM data stream and live sensor data.
- Restores and clears codes in Anti Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Restores and clears codes in Supplemental Restraint (Airbag) System (SRS)
- Comprehends and deletes codes on all 1996 and newer domestic, European and Asian vehicles
- Shows monitor and I/M preparation status (discharge)
- Looks over Freeze Frame Data
- Reads, collects, and playbacks Live PCM DataStream
- Restores vehicle data (VIN,CIN and CVN)
- Loquacious menu and code descriptions (English, Spanish, French)
- Prints via PC
- Internet Updatable
- Technical data
- Brand name – Autel
- Model – AL619
- This Autel AL619 Scan Tool wighs 2 pounds, has a tension of 18 volts
- Is not folding tool
- Dimensions – 70.9 x 31.5 x 102.4 inches
Why is this scanner useful for car owners?
This scan tool can help you to easily identify why the ABS, SRS or Check Engine Light warning lights are on. This tool has features that are similar to AL609. Of course, this new tool has more advantages. It is better at SRS system diagnosis, code reading and clearing. It can be used for over 50 various car producers. Autel AL619 is a beneficial product for professionals.
What comes with the case:
- The scanner (It has a colorful screen, USB port, Micro SD slot, it comes with 4 GB micro SD card)
- A manual
- Cable, which you can connect to to your car
- USB cable
Why you should buy Autel Al619?
- It is a necessary product for professionals. Autel is an advanced developer so it makes professional and reliable tools that are reasonably priced.
- Easy-to-use push button interface. You can easily read and clean Anti-lock brake system and supplemental restraint system codes. Description of each code is also showed so it helps to diagnose problems
- It is inexpensive. This scanner works just like other scanners that are a lot more expensive. Great choice for those who want to save money and get a useful product
- It has a great color screen
- It does the operations quickly because its fast & easy to use scanning tool
This product like every other product has good and bad sides.
Cumbersome update process
Despite having many exceptional features, the Autel AL619 is very cumbersome to update. Many users have found it to be challenging as it can take up to 1 hour or so. Also, the process of updating is cumbersome as you need an SD card to do so. This should be worked on.
Another common problem with the AL619 is compatibility problems. It is not easy to determine all the vehicles that it works with. You cannot really rely on the vehicle list. For example, it can be suitable for vehicles that are not on the list. Before purchasing this quality scanner, get in touch with the manufacturer and ensure that it is compatible with your car.
Another challenge with using this device is that it doesn’t allow the user to print data into hard copies. Though, the scan tool can be connected to a PC or any other external device.
Autel Al619 vs ML619
Is there any difference between Autel al619 and ml619?
No. They don’t have any features difference. Autel AL619 color is red but Autel ML619 color is black. It is the only difference between them.
If you want to advance from using a basic code reader to a more professional car scan tool at a fair price, the Autel AL619 scanner is for you. This scanner is sturdily built and very reliable in performance. It features an easy to use LCD screen, clearly labeled buttons, and a multilingual menu. The tool covers more than 50 car brands and can be updated. It is suitable for DIYers, technicians, and car repair shop owners. I hope this Autel AL619 review article will help to take buying decision.
Autel AL619 is a useful scanner at a reasonable price. It is suitable for everyone that have 1996 and newer vehicles. It can check ABS and SRS systems, read and clear codes and etc. This scanner saves your money and time because you can quickly check your car with it just by yourself. It quickly solves many car problems and leaves the owner satisfied.
Question: How do I register my Autel AL619 scan tool?
Answer: There are two different registrations that you have to carry out. The first registration is for updating the software which is specifically to install the car manufacturer updates and the second registration is to look up your device manual and link up with the brand online. The update software can be found on the disc included in the purchase or you can as well download it from Autel’s website.
During the installation of updates, you will have to insert the device model. In addition, you’ll as well create your username and password. This is will be totally different from the one that you sign online with Autel. Normally, the online user ID/name will be your email address and the user ID/name on the Autel update software will be unique.
Question: How does the AL619 differ from the AL519?
Answer: The Autel AL619 is for diagnosing ABS and Airbag, while the Autel Al519 is for diagnosing the vehicle engine. Also, the Autel AL619 is slightly costly than the Autel AL519.
Still, have a question after reading this Autel AL619 Review? Comment below.