Autel is one of the industry leaders when it comes to the best TPMS tools. The Autel ts401 diagnostic TOMS service tool is a sleek, intuitive, and compact device that beginners and DIYers will love. This new generation TPMS tool comes with unique sensor coverage and its ergonomic design is very easy to use. Read this Autel Maxitpms TS401 review to know more about this tool.
The Autel ts401 tool performs both basic sensor activation and advanced sensor programming, which makes a great tool for professional mechanics as well. It offers sensor data, code definitions, and visual/audio results for easy operation and convenience.
To find out more concerning this versatile and simple to use the unit, continue reading our review to the end.
Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiTPMS TS401 TPMS Tool:
|Display:||Backlit, 128*64 pixel display with contrast adjustment|
|Power:||3.7V Li-polymer battery|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 50°C (32 to 122 °F)|
|Storage Temperature:||-20 to 70°C (-4 to 158 °F)|
|Software Update:||Free Software Updates|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
TPMS Relearn Tool Autel Maxitpms TS401 Review 2021
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiTPMS TS401 TPMS Tool:
- 2 TPMS Relearn Tool Autel Maxitpms TS401 Review 2021
- 3 What did we like about Autel Maxitpms TS401 TPMS Tool?
- 4 What we didn’t like about Autel TS401 Maxitpms Activation Tool?
- 5 FAQ
This is a compact and sturdy device that will last for many years to come if well maintained. It can easily be held in the palm of your hand the grip allows the user to hold it firmly. Also, the rubber grip surrounds the device which protects it in case it falls on the ground accidentally.
Ease of use
Besides being sturdy and compact, this unit is also intuitive to use. The ts401 tool has a small but clear screen that displays all information for easy interpretation. Furthermore, the navigation buttons are simple to use and the unit is very responsive.
The TPMS tool runs on a rechargeable built-in 3.7V Li-polymer battery. It also has an automatic power-off feature that will preserve battery life for future usage.
This product is designed to be compatible with all kinds of TPMS-enabled domestic vehicles, but you should check for compatibility first. For instance, it doesn’t work with most North American vehicles and a good number of Japanese vehicles. It works best with European and Asian vehicles.
Despite being sold at an affordable price, the ts401 TPMS tool offers a wide range of functions which include sensor ID, read tire pressure, battery condition, temperature, relearn information, and much more. Additionally, this tool can reset the TPMS or turn off the lights.
Free software updates
One of the most notable features of Autel tools is the free software update. This device comes with a lifetime of free software updates, which means that you can always update it to diagnose TPMS on the latest vehicle models.
Other vital features to mention include its ability to easily get in touch with the customer support representatives of Autel through chat, email or even telephone. It also saves up to 10 TPMS records for future data review.
Check Today’s Price
What did we like about Autel Maxitpms TS401 TPMS Tool?
- Navigating through the menus and information is very easy as you will use the device without requiring a lot of knowledge about TPMS tools.
- It comes with a user manual which makes it easy for beginners to use the device by following the steps provided.
- The unit features 4 system sensors which are tire pressure, sensors, battery power, and temperature.
- It has an intuitive user-interface that is easy to navigate and operate
- Compact and sturdy design for easy use and storage. Also, transporting the unit from one place to another is very simple as you can keep it in the car or backpack.
- The display comes with a contract adjustment function that can be very vital when you’re in a surrounding with changing lights.
- The TPMS tool comes with free lifetime software updates that ensure that you use the unit on the latest vehicles on the market. Just update the device and you will be ready to go.
- It is affordable when compared to other similar TPMS tools on the market.
- The one-year warranty offered by the manufacturer assures buyers that this is a reliable brand that they can depend on in case of any defect in material or workmanship.
What we didn’t like about Autel TS401 Maxitpms Activation Tool?
- The Autel ts401 may not work accurately with most Japanese vehicles
- Since it only diagnoses TPMS vehicles, there is a high possibility that it will not be compatible with North American vehicles. Check for compatibility before purchasing it.
- The device is not able to read, display, or clear trouble codes, even though it can read different aspects of your system and display them accurately.
The Autel TS401 diagnostic tool is ideal for beginners, car enthusiasts, and average car owners who want an affordable and simple device to remove faulty TPMS sensor problems. This entry-level gadget can activate frequency, magnetic, and tire deflation-triggered sensors of most vehicles on the market. Just ensure that it is compatible with your vehicle before purchasing it.
Question: Can this tool program other brands or just Autel MX-sensors?
Answer: It is unfortunate to say but this device can only program the Autel TPMS sensor and doesn’t support other OEM sensors.
Question: Is it possible to use this TPMS tool to program and read sensors?
Answer: This tool is only meant for resetting and reading the light instead of programming new sensors. You will require a more advanced tool to program sensors.
Still, have a question after reading this Autel Maxitpms TS401 review? Comment below.