After testing different OBD2 scanners on the market, I finally came to terms that the OBDLink MX scanner is one of the best diagnostic code readers that you will ever come across. It is the fastest scanner on the market and provides accurate results.
Furthermore, the Bluetooth MX scanner comes with exceptional features like battery-saver, over-voltage protection, great security protection, and automatic sleep mode & and wake-up function. These are functions that you hardly find in normal scan tools and set this scanner from the rest. Read this OBDLink MX review to know more about this scanner.
The OBDLink also features extensive vehicle coverage of all cars and light trucks made in the USA and Canada from 1996b and newer. If your car is manufactured outside the US, get in touch with the manufacturer to know if it’s compatible. It also supports all the OBD2 protocols and can be updated.
- 1 Technical Specifications of the obdlink mx bluetooth scan tool
- 2 Automotive Scan Tool OBDLink MX Review 2019
- 3 Why you should buy this OBD2 scanner?
- 4 Main Features of the OBDLink MX Bluetooth
- 5 What you can do with OBDLink MX scanner?
- 6 Minuses:
- 7 FAQ
Automotive Scan Tool OBDLink MX Review 2019
This detailed review of the OBDLink MX diagnostic scanner with wireless capability will let you know why you need this scan tool for your professional work or just as a DIY enthusiast.
Why you should buy this OBD2 scanner?
- It automatically goes to sleep when not in use, saving you the trouble of dealing with a dead car battery.
- This is the only OBD2 code reader with overvoltage protection, which keeps it from catching on fire at the time of load dump condition.
- It also uses robust encryption and neither broadcasts its presence nor utilizes an easy to guess PIN to secure the communication link. A hacker would require a physical access to the gadget, so as to connect it.
- It provides faster screen updates and more graph point, which is a vital feature if you want to graph multiple parameters or show a virtual dashboard.
Main Features of the OBDLink MX Bluetooth
- Outstanding security protection
- Extensive vehicle coverage
- Exclusive android diagnostics software
- Automatic sleep mode and wake-up function
- Compatible with Android and Windows
- Connects with different 3rd party apps
- Battery saver technology
- Super fast code reader
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Supports all OBD2 protocols
What you can do with OBDLink MX scanner?
- Sturdy and compact device – the OBDlink MX scanner is a small and compact device that is easy to hold and store after use. It will withstand rough use and offer you many years of use.
- Extensive vehicle coverage – the OBDLink MX scanner functions with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks manufactured in the United States. This is except for electric and hybrid vehicles. In addition, the scan tool propriety connection algorithm allows MX to connect to more vehicle makes and models than any other scanner on the market.
- Free android app and windows software – it comes with a free Android app (OBDLink app) and free OBDwiz diagnostics software for Windows PCs and laptops. These apps make it possible to read and clear check engine light, check emissions readiness status, and access, graph, log, and export real-time engine data.
- Super-fast and accurate scanner – this OBDLink M scan tool is 4 times faster than the next OBD2 competitor, which makes it great for diagnosing many cars within a short period. The quick functionality leads to smooth and accurate, detailed graphs.
- Performs a wide range of functions – this is not an entry-level code reader but a professional scanner that can perform a wide range of functions such as read and clear check engine light, read and clear enhanced codes, view freeze frame data, check emissions readiness test and calculate instantaneous and average MPG, etc.
- Links with different 3rd party apps – unlike some scanners, this code reader allows you to easily connect with different third-party apps such as Torque, Dash, and DashCommand in order to unlock enhanced performance, cost savings, and social driving. While the OBDCANex allows you to control door locks and remotely ignite the engine.
- Outstanding security protection – this scan tool uses a secure 128-bit data encryption, which is a reasonable precaution to keep hackers away from accessing your vehicles network. It is different from the normal scanners as it doesn’t use simple PINs that can be guessed by attackers. Also, the PIN is not displayed in public.
- Wireless capability – this Bluetooth device comes with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi functions. These make it easy to link up with your smartphone and receive data in real-time. The scanner is very easy to install and the wireless connectivity is hackerproof. So, no more worries about strangers breaking into your wireless connectivity.
- Battery saver technology – unlike many scan tools on the market, this Bluetooth scan tool comes with a battery saver technology that saves the life of your battery. When the engine is turned off, the MX scanner goes to sleep and won’t use up your car battery. This is a great feature for such an affordable diagnostic scan tool.
- Easy to use device – using this device is very simple and needs no rigorous steps to start using it. Just download one of the OBDLink apps and connect it with your phone. You will start receiving error codes and you can erase them.
- Lifetime software and firmware upgrades – if you want to use the device on the latest car models, you can still go ahead by simply updating or upgrading the software. Thanks to its free lifetime software and firmware upgrades.
- 3-year warranty – apart from offering outstanding features, the OBDLink stands behind its product y offering an outstanding 3-year warranty on its scan tool. This is against defects in materials and workmanship. You will have it repaired for free or replaced if it doesn’t function as stated within the warranty period.
- It is not compatible with electric or hybrid vehicles. This is a disadvantage for people looking for a single scan tool for different types of cars. So, it is ideal for users who don’t deal with hybrid or electric vehicles.
- The device only works with Android and Windows devices and not iOS. The manufacturer should work on this as there are many people with Android devices who would love to use it.
- It is quite expensive considering that you can get a conventional automotive scanner with more features.
With so many OBD2 code readers to choose from, there is no doubt that the OBDLink mX Bluetooth code reader is among the best options available today. Its features and functions speak for itself but it is sold at a very competitive price. So, if you’re looking for a reliable, faster, portable, and accurate diagnostic OBD2 scanner, the OBDLink should be on top of your list. The only challenge is that it is not compatible with hybrid and electric vehicles.
Overall, this is a great investment that will not only allow you to know why the check engine light is on but as well provide you security from hackers.
Question: Will the OBDLink work with OBD1?
Answer: No, it won’t. This device is only created for OBD2 compliant vehicles. It works on any car and light truck manufactured in Canada and USA from 1996 and newer. If your vehicle is made outside the US, then you should confirm with the manufacturer before purchasing this scanner.
Question: Does this code reader support Apple and iPhone?
Answer: No, it doesn’t. This OBD2 code reader is only compatible with Android and Windows devices. This includes phones, laptops, and PC. This is a hindrance to many but that’s just how the scanner functions.
OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBD2 scanner review
- OBDLink MX Bluetooth is a very functional OBDII scanning tool with all the most necessary features
- It works with all vehicles since 1996 (except electric or hybrid vehicles)
- Free Android or Windows PC application on your smartphone or tablet
- Read and clear check engine light – Check diagnostic codes yourself with all explanations
- OBDLink MX Bluetooth Supports all 5 OBD-II protocols, plus SW-CAN (GM) and MS-CAN (Ford)
Why you should buy it?
- Works with any smartphone or tablet who has Android or Windows OS
- No wires – Using Bluetooth connectivity
- Live Data you can capture and share any data supported by the vehicle
- Works on a various range of vehicles
- Up to 4x faster than the closest rival
- Easy to read and clear check engine light
OBDLink MX Comparison with other OBDLink products
- Smart phones 2.2 and newer versions
- Ttablets 2.3.3 and newer versions
- Computer with Bluetooth connectivity, ultrabooks, laptops and etc. (with Windows XP SP2 or newer versions)
- Phones (with Windows Phone 8 and newer versions)
- Tablets (with Windows 8 and newer versions)
OBDLink MX Bluetooth Connection with your car:
Turn your phone into an instant professional OBD2 Scanner tool. Small, functional, inexpensive – this is the new OBDLink MX Bluetooth scanning tool. It is one of the best Bluetooth OBD scanners on the market. This is the only obd2 scanner in its type that can access these patent GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBD-II protocols. Its price-performance ratio is winning against all of its competitors. Particularly good compatibility – works with many 3rd party apps and software unlike other OBD2 adapters. MX speed up apps and software up to 400%. Get live data even faster and see everything even closer to real-time!
Hacker-proof ability because potential hacker must have a physical touch to this device, unique security scheme eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
It comes with 3 year warranty what really makes this unit trust. Bearing in mind that you have even 3 years to find a factory spoilage.
OBDLink MX Bluetooth practically works on all vehicles except electric and hybrid. If your car is newer than 1996, this tool is for you. Feel safe because BatterySaver technology does not allow your car’s battery to discharge when it is plugged in. Unlike other OBD adapters – MX won’t drain your battery. It is the perfect solution because the cost is very good ant this product is able to do so many great things .