OBDLink’s most popular scan tools are OBDLink LX and OBDLink MX. The OBDLink lx is a Pocket-size Bluetooth scanner that is not only affordable but offers unmatched performance. This adapter is 300% faster than its competitors and supports both Android and Windows devices. It is a much better tool than Carista or BAFX. Read this OBDlink lx review to know more about this scan tool.
Don’t let its small size to full you as it has wonderful features that make it easy to use, graph, log, and export real-time engine data. On top of that, the diagnostic scanner is hacker-proof, accepts 3rd party apps and software, and offers free lifetime firmware and software updates.
Related: Similar Pricing Code Reader – Konnwei KW850 Reviews [Check Engine Light Scan Tool for OBD II Cars]
|Maximum Vehicle Coverage:||All 1996 and newer cars|
|Supports all OBD-II protocols:||Yes|
|Up to 300% faster than nearest competitor:||Yes|
|Freeze Frame Data:||Yes|
|Read & Clear Check Engine light:||Yes|
|Automatic sleep & wake-up:||Yes|
|Read and Clear Codes:||Confirmed, Pending, and Permanent for all makes.|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN):||Yes|
|Windows PC, Laptops, Windows Phone 8 & newer, Android phones, tablets:||Yes|
|Bluetooth v3.0 interface, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g interface:||Yes|
|Batteries:||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Supports Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN):||Yes|
|Maximum vehicle coverage:||Yes|
|Updates Option:||Free firmware updates|
|Warranty:||3-year repair or replace manufacturer warranty(90-day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason)|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Obdlink LX bluetooth scan tool:
- 2 OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool Review 2019
- 3 Summary: Why buy Obdlink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool?
- 4 Setbacks:
- 5 FAQ
It is very easy to use this OBDLink LX scan tool. Also, it is cheap, hacker-proof, incredibly fast Bluetooth OBD-II adapter can easily make your Android or Windows smart phone, tablet, laptop into a modern diagnostic scan tool, travel computer, and performance monitor. This tool is ergonomically projected. It comes in convenient package. The installation will take only 3 minutes of your time.
- It is 4 times faster than it’s closest contender – LX speeds apps and software up to 400 %. The super fast reaction times gives you the ability to relish precise, detailed graphs and real virtual gages.
- It has a technology that helps to save battery energy. Because of the LX’s new sleep function you can leave the scan tool plugged in and the batery will not discharge.
- Hacker-proof. Scan tool uses a special safety mechanism, excluding the danger of illegal approach
- Read and clear check engine light – verify engine codes by yourself and make restoration decisions
- Is suitable for various vehicles. It can be connected to cars that any other scanners could’t connect. It supports EOBD, JOBD, etc.
- Preeminent suitability – works with a lot of 3rd party apps and software unlike any other adapter
OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool Review 2019
In this obdlink lx review, you will get to know more about this highly-rated Bluetooth scanner. Read on…
Outstanding security protection
It is not easy to find a scan tool that comes with protection. But with the OBDLink Bluetooth adapter, you can rest assured that it is safe to utilize as it comes with hacker-proof. The adapter uses secure 128-bit data encryption. This makes sure that hackers are prevented from gaining access to your vehicle’s network.
Extensive vehicle coverage
Despite being a small device, the OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter offers extensive vehicle coverage. It is compatible with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks sold in the US. This is with the exception of electric and hybrid vehicles. Besides, it also supports JOBD, EOBD, and all other international variants of OBD2.
A wider compatibility
Whether you have an Android or Windows device, this gadget will work perfectly. It is not compatible with Apple iOS devices. It comes with free Android app and Windows diagnostics software. These are the OBDLink app for Android and OBDwiz license for windows.
Compact and portable gadget
This is an easy to use gadget as it is small and compact. You can easily store it in your pocket or backpack without any problem. The OBDLink LX adapter comes with measurements of 1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches. It is also very light in weight as it weighs 1.12 ounces.
Extremely fast code reader
When it comes to performance, this adapter is unrivaled. Actually, it is 4 times faster than its closest competitor. This outstanding performance leads to smooth, realistic gauges, and accurate, detailed graphs. So, you can rely on it for fast and accurate diagnosis.
Unlike many other Bluetooth scan tools, the OBDLink LX adapter does not drain your car battery. The gadget goes to sleep and won’t use up your vehicle’s battery. Its advanced triggers will wake up LX when you connect through Bluetooth, start the engine, or unlock doors.
Free lifetime firmware and software updates
Another amazing feature of the OBDLink LX scan tool is that it comes with free lifetime firmware and software updates. This allows you to fix the latest vehicle issues and vehicle models.
The best part of all is that the manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty on defects in material and workmanship. So, you can depend on it to deliver and in case of any issue, you can return the product as it also comes with a 90-day money back guarantee.
- It is compact and extremely portable
- It covers most 1996 and newer vehicles sold in the US
- The tool is super-fast in performance
- It is compatible with both Android and Windows devices
- Performs a wide range of functions
- It is hacker-proof
- It has an intelligent sleep mode to save car battery
- The gadget is compatible with 3rd party apps and software options
- It comes with free firmware updates
- 3-year warranty
- It is small so it will easily fit your pocket
- The information of your car can be easily transfered to another computer or shared with others with the help of DropBox
- There are no latent expenses
- The quality of this tool will not let you down. It is worth the price
- Super easy to use
- Works very fastly
- Performs diagnostics and checks many engine problems. It even shows the amount of fuel in your car
- Saves a lot of money thanks to its wide capabilities
- Perfect for Android users
- The software can even show where you travelled on google maps. Also, it can show your speed
How to setup OBDLink LX?
- Turn your smart phone, tablet, or PC into an expert automotive scan tool (not reconcilable with Apple iOS production)
- Secure to keep it plugged in, it will not exhaust your car’s accumulator
- Android app that doesn’t cost anything & Windows software (reconcilable with 3rd party apps like Torque and DashCommand)
- OBDLink LX suitable for 1996 and newer cars and light trucks that were sold in United States (apart from hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Simple to use, installs very fastly, and it has hacker-proof wireless protection
Important: The OBDLink app is not suitable for Windows phone 8.
- It is not compatible with Apple iOS devices, which might be a challenge for some users of the scanner.
- The scan tool is not compatible with electric and hybrid vehicles. This is also another challenge, especially for mechanics who handle different car makes and models.
- It will not work with apple products
- On rare times there may be some connection problems
- It doesn’t come with a manual. So you will have to figure things out by yourself
If you’re looking for a simple, affordable, secure, and versatile Bluetooth scanner, then, the OBDLink is a great option for you. This scan tool is easy to use and extremely portable. It is great for startup mechanics, DIY enthusiasts, and small car repair shop owners.
At such a great price, you get to diagnose different vehicle makes and models. Apart from that, you can fully rely on it as it comes with a 3-year warranty.
Question: Does the OBDLink come with a Wi-Fi interface?
Answer: Unfortunately, this is a Bluetooth scan tool and it doesn’t come with a Wi-Fi interface. As a result, you can only connect it via Bluetooth and not Wi-Fi interface.
Question: Is this scanner capable of reading ABS and Airbag systems?
Answer: No, it isn’t. The OBDLink Bluetooth scan tool is not able to read ABS and Airbag systems. But the scan tool can be utilized to relay basic data from the ECU through OBD2. With the help of the software that it comes with, you can also use it to read DTC’s read real-time sensor and reset check engine lights. Other functions include view emission readiness monitor and every systems current state.