When you are repairing cars in the garage, you will need some advanced tools to find the issue. Many brands are popular in the market for diagnosing or fixing trouble codes. But Autel has been prevalent for a decade because of its specially designed scanners for car mechanics or experienced professionals. You can see many top-rated products in the Autel product list, and I know it confuses you, just like me. With 36+ special functions and Active Tests, the Autel MK908P is one of the best professional OBD2 devices available on the market. The device is not ideal for beginners or DIYers, as it offers lots of advanced diagnostic services. So here we review Autel’s professional scanner, the Maxicom MK908p.
Best Alternative- Autel Maxicom MK906BT
Are Autel scan devices manufactured in the USA?
This China-based automotive parts supplier, Autel, is very popular for its excellent quality products. The main motto of every device is to satisfy every customer. Thousands of engineers work hard night and day to profit from the market and make every customer happy. They produce a whole range of car parts and scanners. And their affordable devices have excellent quality. You can think that the product is also wrong when the price is low. But this is not right for their product. The cost mainly depends on the number of features you get from one device. Otherwise, every product is top-notch in quality.
Is the Autel brand reliable for professionals?
Autel is well-known not only in China and the United States but also throughout the world. The products are manufactured in China. And they care about every customer and provide 24/7 customer care, where an engineer is always ready to help you with any issue you face. And you get a manual with every product, which provides step-by-step guidance for any subject. So try to keep it with you every time you use their products.
Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiCom MK908P Professional OBD2 Scanner:
Autel MaxiCom MK908P
|Item Dimensions:||25.98 x 7.48 x 17.32 inches 9.7 Inches|
|Screen Size:||9.7 Inches|
|CPU:||Samsung Exynos Hexa-core Processor|
|IOS:||AndroidTM 4.4.2 KitKat|
|Touch Screen:||10.1M 1920×1200 Retina LCD|
|Camera:||8.0 Megapixel, AF with Flashlight|
|Auto VIN Technology:||Yes|
|1996-2001 Connector Kit:||Yes|
Autel MaxiCOM MK908 Pro Scanner: All the Technical Features
Autel MaxiCOM MK908P is the best-selling product, and people love it because it’s so budget-friendly, easy to use, and gives you the result very fast. I think the main thing for every scanner is to learn about its features. And just like that, let’s start talking about what types of features you can get from this MK908P:
- Specification: at first, start with Autel mk908p scanner specification:
- IOS: the operating system of this scanner is AndroidTM 4.4.2 Kitkat. This is the latest version of the IOS system, enhancing the scanner’s performance.
- Processor: This scanner has the most potent full Samsung Exyongs Hexa-core processor with 1.3 GHz Quad-core and 1.7 GHz dual-core Cortex A15 and A7. And these are also the most updated processors now on the market.
- Memory: This scanner gets 2GB RAM and 64 GB onboard memory. So you can easily store any vehicle information there.
- Screen: 10.1 inches LED screen and 1920×1200 resolution of this scanner. The screen is big enough to find any issue quickly.
- HDMI and USB connection: you got this scanner’s HDMI and USB connection port. This is an essential part of this scanner because HDMI helps you easily connect the scanner with your tablet to find any slight issues. And USB ports are also beneficial for printing the trouble code from the scanner. Many car owners collect this for future solving future problems in the car.
- Audio jack: there is a microphone port, dual speaker, and 3- bank 3.5 mm stereo or standard headset port you can find in this device. Sometimes a technician needs to hear the sound of the engine to find the issue and learn about the car’s performance.
- Input voltage and power consumption: 12V is the input voltage, and 6.5W is the power consumption rate of this scanner.
- Outside cover: you get a robust plastic housing with a protective rubber boot, which helps you store the scanner in the garage for an extended period and protect against any harm if you accidentally drop it.
- Battery details: You can get a 15000 mAh 3.8V lithium polymer built-in battery from this scanner. And you can charge it in a 12V AC/DC power supply between 0 to 45°C.
- Dimension and weight: 12.28 ×8.18×1.41 inches is the dimension, and 1.48 is the weight of this scanner. With all these features, this is a lightweight from another scanner on the market.
Our Autel MaxiCOM MK908P Review
Start with the scanner’s CPU, and it gets a powerful A7 quad-core processor with 1.30 GHz. This is now the fastest CPU in the scanner series and the most updated version. With a 10.1-inch capacitive touch screen, you can find any small issue easily. But this is a professional scanner, so you can get many extra features there. You also get an HDMI port with this scanner so that you can attach your scanner to your tablet or any big screen. Sometimes you face some tiny issues that are not easily found on the small screen of the scanner, so you can find them on the big screen with the help of an HDMI cable.
You also get a USB port and Wi-Fi connectivity there. With a WIFI connection, you can easily update your scanner via the internet. Sometimes people also use this for entertainment purposes. With a USB cable, you can get a hard copy of any information you get from the scanner. If you are experiencing Wi-Fi issues, you can use this USB port to update your scanner.
The open-source updated IOS system simplifies the scanner’s diagnostic process and makes it easy to multitask. Like an ordinary scanner, you also get live data, actuation tests, adoptions, and ECU coding here. You can configure the display options, set the trigger, record, and play the result again with one touch on the screen. Like other Autel devices, you also get a cloud-based DATA manager on this device. This is very important because it saves all customer and vehicle records, scanner data, and technician notes.
Why do you need to buy Autel MK908P for your car fixing center?
You know about all features and accessories of this Autel MK908P. Now, you need to understand why this device is essential for your car:
- Powerful CPU and Updated Android system make every car test easy and fast, saving your time.
- First, you must know that these Autel updates provide the latest OE level coverage for many countries like Asian, US Domestic, and European vehicles. These are also available in low-budget cars to premium quality vehicles. So you don’t need to worry about repairing the scanner in the future.
- The big screen helps you to find the issue from the scanner. If you don’t find it, just attach it to your table and use the big screen to find the tiny issue with the car engine.
- The Autel MK908p has an Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications. You can get this information with the help of the internet.
- The Mk908p enables direct contact, which is used for Interactive Data Logging sessions with Autel Support. This system provides first-hand troubleshooting of diagnostic bugs and errors.
- People like to store many important data about the car in one storage. This device is very popular for its multitasking character sits. And just like that, a multitasking design is perfect for managing workshop operations. It helps to keep all customer info, data files, and vehicle records well organized in one memory.
- Now, this device has a cloud-based management system that saves customer and vehicle records, scanner data, and technician notes. Anyone can easily use this for future issues.
- This device is a wireless scanner, so it works through Bluetooth, and you don’t need to take care of the cable. On the other hand, you can use this device with a Wi-Fi connection.
- The HDMI port ensures you can attach your scanner to your tablet to find any minor fault in the big screen.
- This device has a built-in 15000mAh 3.8-volt lithium polymer battery that assures you of a long-time battery backup. And this battery is rechargeable, and you can quickly charge it with direct power or using the vehicle.
- You also get an audio jack in this scanner. Sometimes technicians need o to hear the sound of the car engine to find any issue. And this port helps them in these purposes.
- Finally, talking about the price of this scanner, believe me, or not, the cost of this scanner is lower than some other scanners on the market. If your budget is $2200, this is a perfect choice, and this device is more than that at this price.
So these are the primary things you can get from this device. This is a perfect wireless scanner, and if you buy this, I don’t think you will regret it in the future.
Hi, I am Henry, the owner of this website. If you are a DIY car enthusiast like me and are looking for an all-purpose OBD2 scanner, you’ve come to the right place. With 5+ years of experience in the automobile industry, I have in-depth knowledge about most of the OBD2 scanners regarding their software versions, firmware, features, updates, and compatibility. I love reviewing these gadgets after using and testing them personally. As a result, I always try to provide my honest opinion on the overall product quality.