Are you having difficulty getting a reliable and quality diagnostic scanner? Try out the Toad Pro OBD software. Even though it is not an original scan tool, the Toad Pro OBD software allows you to perform 99% of the functions carried out by the original diagnostic scan tool. Read this Toad Pro review to know more about this diagnostic scanning tool.
The Toad Pro software is compatible with windows and not Mac or Linux. This means that you will have to set it up on a windows system. Nevertheless, this diagnostic software is reliable in performance as it not only turns off the check engine light but as well as explains the codes and tell you where to repair. In return, this saves you time that you could’ve spent searching for the error code meaning.
Technical Specifications of the Toad Pro OBD Software
|Diagnose and present common problems:||Yes|
|Optimize fuel efficiency:||Yes|
|Supports 9 Modes of data::||* Mode 1 – Analog/Digital Gauges (160/215 Generic PIDS)
* Mode 1 – List View (220 Generic PIDS)
* Mode 2 – Freeze Frame Data
* Mode 3 – Read Current Fault code
* Mode 4 – Clear Faults
* Mode 5 – O2 Sensor Test Result (Non-CAN Bus)
* Mode 6 – On-board Test Result
* Mode 7 – Read Pending Faults
* Mode 8 – Evaporative System Leak Test
* Mode 9 – VIN, Performance Tracking Data, ECU Name, Calibration and Verification ID
* Mode A – Read Stored Faults
|Analyze Dyno / Dynamometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque:||Yes|
|Supports multiple protocols (controller modules) including:||CAN Bus
SAE-J1850 (PWM and VPW)
ISO-14230 (KWP2000), and ISO-15765 (CAN)
CAN [11bit and 29bit]
|Supported OBD protocols:||OBD1 & OBD2 (California ARB — applies to North/South America)
EOBD (European OBD)
JOBD (Japanese OBD)
ADR (Australian OBD)
JDM (Asian OBD)
|Monitor real-time data:||Engine Temperature, O2 Value, RPM, Speedometer, LAC Value, Battery Voltage, Ignition Angle, etc…|
|Compatible with :||12/24 Volt batteries|
|Multilingual menu options & code definitions:||English, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Czech, Serbian, Greek, and Polish.|
|CAL ID and CVN decoding:||Yes|
|Contains:||14,000+ optimized car ECU map files|
|Read freeze-frame data:||Yes|
|Warranty:||risk-free one-year warranty|
|Price:||More Detail at Official Website|
With advanced diagnostic software like Toad Pro, diagnosing your vehicles will be made easy and fast. It also covers an extensive range of cars, and that’s why it is suitable for professional mechanics, technicians, DIY enthusiasts, and car dealers. Continue reading to find out more about this reliable software.
Toad Pro Review 2021
I have explained everything in this Toad pro review article that you should know before buying this diagnostic scanning tool.
Performs a variety of functions
- Read and clear check engine light – you don’t have to visit the mechanic with simple DIY repairs such as tightening a loose gas cap. It will save you money in the long run.
- Support various protocols – the software supports multiple protocols, and they include CAN, CAN Bus, ELM327, SAE-J1850 (PWM & VPW), ISO-9141, and ISO-14230 (KWP2000) and ISO-15765 (CAN).
- Monitor real-time data – you can check on different parameters when the car is moving or when the ignition is on. Things you can view include speedometer, engine temperature, RPM, battery voltage, Ignition angle, 02 value, LAC value, and much more.
- Pass emission testing – get to know the status of your vehicle by doing the emission status on your own – no need to cue and waste time.
- Read identification – it helps to identify the control unit by displaying a part number, manufacturer specific, software version, etc.
- Read freeze-frame data – freeze-frame helps to recover a snapshot of OBD II sensor data when your ECU keeps error codes.
- Actuator function – it allows you to activate different vehicle parts into test mode to check that they’re working well on a physical level.
- DPF & GR Regeneration – to regenerate, remove and disable DPF or EGR condition is vital for all diesel vehicles.
- Vehicle manager – it can monitor several vehicles and owners altogether.
- Provides alerts – if a parameter such as a coolant temperature goes out of normal operating range, the software will alert you immediately.
Apart from the functions that we’ve highlighted above, it is crucial to note that this software will help you to perform at least 9 OBD modes of data.
More Detail at Official Website
Other functions include reading current petrol, diesel, or gas fuel consumption, read exact error or state of DPF, displays real-time data, read car’s diagnostic trouble codes, record and play back log files, CAL ID & CBN decoding, reset/turn-off warning & service lights, analyze error codes and get solutions, etc.
Some of the functions that you won’t get in other diagnostic software are hacking your vehicle’s performance, optimize fuel efficiency, edit any car’s ECU data values, and detect how fast your vehicle is with 0 to 60-speed timings.
Extensive vehicle coverage
What we liked most about this diagnostic software is that it is compatible with a variety of vehicles from different corners of the world. This includes domestic, European, Australian, Canada, and many other countries. However, it is crucial to know that it will not work with these car models; they include GMC, Tesla, Chevrolet, Jeep, Dodge/Ram, and Land Rover.
With the multilingualism, many users will find it convenient as they can switch it to the language they understand best. The languages offered include English, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Czech, Serbian, Greek, and Polish.
Featuring lifetime updates, you can gladly acquire the Toad Pro software knowing that you will use it for many years to come. Thanks to the manufacturer, who has included 17 software systems that ensure you’re up to date and diagnosing various car make and models.
Aside from providing buyers with a risk-free one-year warranty, the manufacturer also offers free guides and repair manuals online.
Summary: Why buy toad obd2 software?
- Covers many vehicles makes and models
- It provides OBD2 software and ECU programming remapping
- Enables real-time data streaming
- Alerts you if a system is outside optimal parameters
- It resets warning lights on your vehicle
- It comes with 17 software systems that ensure you’re up to date
- Lifetime system updates
- The buyer gets free guides and repair manuals online
- One-year warranty
Cons of the toad scanning tool
- It is quite challenging to use by DIY enthusiasts and casual drivers
- It is more costly than other OBD2 programming software on the market
The Toad OBD software is worth investing in as it will not only get rid of the check engine light but as well as tell you what the problem is and how to fix it. So, despite being slightly costly, this software is worth every coin spent on it. You can use it for activities such as emission tests, clear check engine light, inspect real-time data, check engine and transmission system, record & playback sensor data, and much more.
To get the best results, use the Toad software with other high-end scanners in your auto repair shop. Hence, you can diagnose as many cars as possible. Buying the Toad Pro software for diagnosing vehicles will help you to save time and money in the long run. I hope, after reading this Toad pro review article you have got a clear idea about this diagnostic software.
Question: What is Toad, and what software does it feature?
Answer: TOAD or Total OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics scanner is a product of Total Car Diagnostics. It is made up of car diagnostics and tuning software, filled inside with online downloadable membership. This software provides the user with the same functions as the original OBD II scan tools. To perform different diagnostics, this software offers four different downloadable software. These include OBD I software, OBD II software, ECU car tuning, and other (Emission testing, Manuals, ECU map files, and Radio Decryptors).
Question: Who is the Toad Pro OBD software build for?
Answer: The Toad Pro software OBD is built for professional mechanics, professional technicians, DIY enthusiasts, and even car owners. What makes the Toad OBD software special is that it can perform 99 percent of tasks performed by high-end automotive diagnostic scanners. Some of the advanced functions that it performs include ECU map editing.
However, using this software for newbies and ordinary car enthusiasts can be challenging as it is not easy to figure out. So, it may take time to become conversant with the software.
Question: Can I run Toad on Linux?
Answer: No, you can’t. This Total Car Diagnostics software only runs on windows. So, if you’ve got a Mac or Linux system, then you should work on getting windows before ordering it. The Toad software has been tested, and it can run on all windows, from windows XP to Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
It is important to note that this unit is very convenient to use, as it also supports different languages. These are English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Greek, Polish, Czech, and Serbian. This means that it can be used by a variety of people around the world.
Still, have questions after reading this Toad Pro review article? Comment below.