This Autel MaxiDAS DS808k is kind of a regenerated and upgraded version of the DS708 and MaxiDas DS808 models and offers more capabilities where performance is concerned. It has some jaw-dropping features and brand-new attributes that aren’t present in the old model, including the Smart AutoVIN. The professional scanner has impressive vehicle coverage that suggests that you can apply this device to a wide number of car models, including those originating in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. They are compatible with all vehicles manufactured after 1996. The price is also reasonable.
Who Should Buy this Autel MaxiDAS DS808K Diagnostic Scan Tool?
There are lots of types of scanners in the market, and not all scanners are compatible. Some scanners consist of only the basic elements of the vehicles, but some scanners are very hard to operate, and only professionals can handle those items. In this stage, I will explain the basics and the target audience of this product,
- This product is top fitted for the car repair shop owner or DIY mechanic who needs a cost-effective gadget with tremendous functionality. However, it’s an upgraded version that comes with more factual features than the previous model.
- Since it has a wide range of vehicle coverage, a decent number of auto garages will find this device useful as it may provide lots of compatible features and amenities.
- This product is not for beginners. The professionals must feel comfortable using this.
Features at a glance:
The vehicles’ electronic systems are managed by applying the operational and electrification level systems. Suppose you are acquired by selecting the unit you need to access, the Electronic Control Unit (ECU). The vehicle’s transmission, engine recheck, anti-lock braking system, SRS, or airbag system consists of some of the mechanisms this device covers. Apart from the location of vehicle problem areas, you can also clear codes easily and perform the necessary active tests. These tests are more advanced in enabling you to test output elements instead of relying on the ignition status. However, a few customers have discovered that it sometimes doesn’t clear codes entirely. By using this tool, you can quickly access a vehicle’s systems to retrieve data on the scheduled service or maintenance required.
Autel MaxiDAS DS808K Bi-Directional ECU Scanner Review
All the car scanners from the Autel brand are renowned as the most cooperative and dynamic scanning modules of all time. Autel is one of the world’s best brands in the automotive aftermarket, making it ideal for the target audiences who expect the best products from popular manufacturers. This tool makes it possible to carry out vehicle repairs with less destruction because of its advanced built-in mechanisms. There is a heavy and inclusive demand for these scanners in the market. Here I will explain the amazing features of Autel MaxiDAS DS808K,
- This device can show the most advanced and comprehensive freeze frame data of the DCTs and displays the consecutive live data and the respective parameters from the vehicle’s main governing feature, the ECU.
- When the actuation test is performed, DS808 outputs command and monitors the ECU so that it can drive the live actuators and detects the integration of the system or surrounding peripherals by retrieving the ECU data or by monitoring the combat operation of the actuators.
- This device can scan and provide the manufacturer year, modulation code, VIN, BMS queries, main engine specifications, and many more options that are available in the vehicle module.
- It provides torrential subsystem and component tests for the vehicle, actuator controlling, actuator test, and module system checking, and the test options may be retrieved by the scanning device.
- It provides more extensive vehicle coverage for lots of Asian and European vehicles and makes the OE-Level system coverage for all the tremendous electronic systems.
- This scanning tool gives you all the facilities for scanning the SAS, BMS, SRS, and DPF. OCV, MIL, and many unidentified scanning systems make it a one-stop scanner.
What comes with the Autel MaxiDAS DS808K package?
It is not only about the main item that you have ordered. Some necessary peripheral tools are also evident for the smooth operation of the scanning device; you not only get the main scanning device, but some other supporting elements are available with the package, and those are
- USB External, Vigorous Power Adapter, USB External Power Adapter
- Quick Reference Guide, Mini USB Cable
- Main device Carrying Case
- Robust Adapters Carrying Case
- Packing list, soft cloth for cleaning the device
- Proactive compatibility scanner for specific car models
Advantages of Using the Autel DS808K Scanner?
There are some astounding positive sides of the Autel DS808K, and these are the main points that make it the most effective one with respect to the other devices in the market,
- Bluetooth connectivity is available here, which means you do not need to deal with the cables and wires. You can operate this device from a great distance.
- This device has only a weight of 10 pounds, making it super comfortable to carry and portable. The more lightweight the device is, the more it gets appreciated.
- It operates in a rapid manner, and that makes it a giant in the arena of a scanning devices. The huge LED screen makes it quite obvious that all the information happens with great usability.
- It has a wide package of compatibility with cars because it can scan cars from different regions, including Asia, Europe, the USA, and the middle east.
- The innovative AutoVIN technology algorithm can check and recognize vehicles easily.
- The Active Test and the Bi-Directional Control play a vital role in accessing vehicle-specific subsystem and component tests.
- The innovative scan modules included in the system, like the SAS, SRS, BMS, DPF, and much more, decently justify the ability of the scanner.
- Many users have complained about compatibility issues meaning that when connected to the OBD port in the car, the device can not recognize the actual model and specification of that car.
- The price tag can literally kill anyone, and it costs almost a thousand dollars, which seems very much unreachable for most professional mechanics and DIYers.
- The system software gets outworn in a small period of time, and you need to renew the software system, which may charge you some extra dollars.
Differences between Autel MK808 Vs. Autel DS808K
Autel is a genius company in the arena of producing some of the most extraordinary scanning devices of all time. Now we will see a parallel comparison between two of the most exclusive scanners from Autel.
|Comparable features||Autel DS808K||Autel MK808|
|Item Dimensions||16.9 x 11.4 x 13.8 inches||9.45 x 1.38 x 5.91 inches|
|Size of the Display||7″ LCD 1024×600 resolution|
|Intuitive 7.0-inch 1024×600 LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Operating system||Android 4.4.4||Android 4.4.4 version|
|Internal memory capacity||32 GB expandable memory||64GB expandable memory|
|Power of the processor||Cortex-A9 processor (1.5GHz)||Cortex-A9 processor(1.6 GHz)|
|Battery Configuration||3200 mAh and 3.7 V||5000 mAh and 3.7 V|
|All System Diagnosis||Available||Available|
|Weight||10 pounds||1.1 pounds|
|Connectivity information||Mini USB 2.0, USB 2.0|
WiFi Micro SD Card
(Support up to 32GB)
|Mini USB 2.0, USB 2.0|
WiFi Micro SD Card
(Support up to 64GB)
After all these discussions, we can sum up the whole thing as the Autel Maxidas DS808K is a splendid and long-lasting scanner that will help to scan the whole portion of the vehicle. It occupies some of the brilliant features that make it an unleased beast in this sector. Considering all its unique and affordable attributes and the level of compactness and versatility that this device brings are highly laudable. So if you have no budget issue, then you must give this gadget a shot, as it is compatible with all garage owners, mechanics, and car repair companies. Enjoy the tremendous features of Autel MaxiDAS DS808k, and thank me later.
- Is this scanner suitable for hybrid vehicles?
Absolutely, yes. This scanner is suitable for hybrid vehicles also. According to the user review and experts’ opinions, some biases are observed in the case of hybrid vehicles, but this works fine with almost all hybrid vehicles.
- Is the recalibration of the SAS system available in the Autel MaxiDAS DS808k?
Not only can this scanner recalibrate the SAS, but it incorporates many features like BMS, SRS, DPF, OCV, and many more operations, including the main engine. It is almost an all-in-all scanning device you can easily rely on.
- What is the major difference between the Autel DS808 version?
Generally, the Autel MaxiDAS DS808k is the upgraded version of the previous Autel DS808. The company has added several unique features to the previous one. The latest version is occupied with lots of amazing features like a full diagnosis of the OBD2, full battery management, and so on. That’s why this version costs more than the previous one.
Hi, I am Henry, the owner of this website. If you are a DIY car enthusiast like me and are looking for an all-purpose OBD2 scanner, you’ve come to the right place. With 5+ years of experience in the automobile industry, I have in-depth knowledge about most of the OBD2 scanners regarding their software versions, firmware, features, updates, and compatibility. I love reviewing these gadgets after using and testing them personally. As a result, I always try to provide my honest opinion on the overall product quality.