Are you’re a professional technician looking for an advanced scan tool that can scan, program, and test an extensive range of vehicles? Look no further than the Autel MaxiIM im608 diagnostic scanner. This sophisticated and professional Bidirectional scan tool features all the functions that an expert technician can desire in a scan tool. Read this Autel Maxiim im608 review to know more about this Key programming diagnostic tool.
This Autel unit is also easy to use, fast, and very accurate. It allows you to diagnose error codes by either connecting them to the carport or via a wireless Bluetooth connection. Also, it can be upgraded and comes with a one-year warranty.
Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiIM im608 diagnostic scanner
Autel Maxiim im608
|Display screen:||7”1024×600 LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Internal :||reliable 32GB Memory|
|Processor:||Powerful Cortex-A9 processor|
|Combination of key programming/all system diagnostics/advanced maintenance services:/strong>||Yes|
|Smart Mode:||for guided and automated key learning|
|Android Operating System:||for fast boot-up and multitasking|
|Expert Mode:||for advanced key learning|
|Read PIN/CS:||Yes all key lost|
|OE level diagnostics:||more than 80 US, Asian and European makes and models|
|Advanced maintenance services:||including EPB, DPF, SAS, Oil reset, BMS and TPMS sensor ID relearn|
|Transponder read/write, EEPROM/MCU read/write:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||11.81 x 8.66 x 1.97 inches|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
To find out more about the excellent Autel Maxiim im608 diagnostic scanner, continue reading this review to the end.
Autel Maxiim im608 Review 2020
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiIM im608 diagnostic scanner
- 2 Autel Maxiim im608 Review 2020
- 3 Pros of the Autel Maxiim im608 Professional Key Programming Tool
- 4 Cons of the Autel Maxiim im608 automotive obd2 scanner
- 5 Who will buy the Autel Maxiim im608 scan tool?
- 6 FAQ
Intuitive user interface
The Autel Maxiim im608 features a user-friendly design that makes using it fun and easy. First of all, it comes with a 10-inch touchscreen that is very responsive. This displays all the data that is scanned and tested on the unit. Furthermore, it has a built-in 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and flashlight. The camera allows you to take photos of vehicle problems and share them with other technicians. And with the outer protection, the unit will defy hard auto repair shop conditions to offer many years of use.
The unit runs on a 15000mAh battery that allows the user to diagnose many vehicles at once. Since the battery won’t last the whole day, you will still have to plug it in. Moreover, the unit comes with a 64 GB memory that allows the user to store different data and files.
Additionally, it has a multilingual menu that allows users to diagnose their cars in a language that they understand best. English is the default language.
Related: Budget Choice – Autel MaxiSys MS906BT Automotive Scan Tool Review
Extensive vehicle coverage
The Autel Maxiim im608 diagnostic scanner covers a wide range of vehicles. It supports more than 80 US, European, and Asian vehicles. Some of the famous cars make covered are Audi, Skoda, VW, Fiat, Seat, and much more. However, you should check for compatibility as it is not compatible with all car makes and models.
Check Today’s Price
A broad range of functions
- Full system vehicle diagnosis – If your aim is to perform essential car diagnostics, then you’ve got nothing to worry about. The Autel Maxiim im608 can perform a broad range of OBDII functions such as reading and erasing error codes, viewing freeze frame data, retrieve ECU information, and much more. Besides, it can access the electronic control unit for different vehicle control systems such as ABS, engine, SRS, and transmission.The best part is that it can conduct OE-level, in-depth diagnostics for more than 80 vehicle makes and models from the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Advanced 20 plus maintenance services – apart from performing full OBDII functions, the unit also offers more than 20 maintenance services which include TPMS, DPF, oil reset, suspension, TEC learn, throttle, SAS, Airbag reset, Suspension, EPB, BMS, brake bleed, Trans adaptation, win DR roof, CHG tire size, headlamp, and much more.Depending on your level of experience, this device will allow you to either select the smart mode or expert mode. The smart mode makes it easy for newbies to control the unit by removing some of the guidance away and replacing them with automated key learning. On the other hand, the expert mode is utilized for advanced key learning.However, both of these modes enable the user to use the Autel im608’s functions such as reset the Immo ICU, read PIN/CS, backup and restore your Immo data, initiate key learning, activate remote learning, refresh your Immo ICU, backup or restore your Immo data, and create some keys.
- Programming – another primary function of the Autel im608 diagnostic tool is programming. It comes with XP400 key programmer and Maxiflash ECU programmer. This unit can help you to read or write keys if you want to perform maintenance or fix registration problems. This is with the assistance of the Maxiflash reprogrammer. Even though the Maxiflash can’t reprogram new ECU keys, it allows you to program duplicate ECU keys. Furthermore, it can handle chip encryption for different chip types and read or write on them for maintenance.
- AutoVin scan – the scanner also features the most current VIN-based Auto VIN Scan function to identify vehicles, and it is applied to programming, Immo, Diagnostic, and service applications. As we’ve already discussed, Immo provides two modes, which are smart mode and expert mode.
Fast and accurate operation
Featuring the Android operating system, this unit delivers fast and precise results. Therefore, you can diagnose many vehicles within a short while. Besides, it provides accurate results. Moreover, you don’t have to look for the meaning of error codes, as it gives you explanations.
If you handle many vehicles at once, then you will love this scanner. Apart from coming with the OBD2 cable for connecting to the car, you can as well as link up this unit using Bluetooth wireless connection. The good news is that it connects to a wireless network from 210 feet. So, you don’t have to be close to the car to diagnose it. In addition, you can perform key programming and vehicle diagnosis on several vehicles at once. All you have to do is to connect the MaxiFlash of different vehicles to the unit via Bluetooth.
Related: Similar but Cheap – Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P Reviews
Free software upgrade
For those who intend to diagnose the latest vehicle models, you can update the unit when the new software is available. The manufacturer offers a free software upgrade for one year. After one year, you will have to pay for the software upgrades.
Additionally, you will get a one-year free warranty when you purchase this professional ECU programming scanner.
Pros of the Autel Maxiim im608 Professional Key Programming Tool
- Sleek and stylish design
- Simple to use
- The sensitive touchscreen makes diagnosing fast and straightforward
- It comes with a free software update
Cons of the Autel Maxiim im608 automotive obd2 scanner
- It is quite expensive
- It has compatibility problems
- Getting a battery replacement is challenging
Who will buy the Autel Maxiim im608 scan tool?
Because of its advanced functions, the Autel MaxiIM im608 diagnostic scanner is best suited for professional technicians and busy car repair shops. It offers advanced functions such as retrieving ECU information, programming, coding. As a result, the primary car users and car enthusiasts will find this unit to be costly.
The Autel MaxiIM im608 diagnostic ECU diagnostic scanner is an advanced and quality tool that will help to diagnose most of the vehicle problems. From basic to unique and advanced functions, you don’t need a second scanner to perform additional functions. Furthermore, the scan tool is simple to use and update. With so many advanced services, this tool is best suited for professional technicians and busy car repair shops. What’s more, it can be updated for free for one year, and it comes with a one-year warranty. I hope you have found this Autel Maxiim im608 Review will help a lot to take the right decision.
Question: Can I use the Autel Maxiim im608 to disable immo iv on Volkswagen?
Answer: No, you can’t use it. This is because VW key programming doesn’t allow the scanner to disable a key. Every time you try to program a key, all keys are deleted and reprogrammed. The good news is that you can use this tool to reprogram a new ECU or ECM.
Question: How do I update the IM608 diagnostic scanner?
Answer: The procedure is effortless. Start by ensuring that the tool is connected to a source of power and the internet. Then tap the Update application button from the MaxiIm job menu and check all available updates. Select the updates that you want, whether from Immo or diagnostic software. During the update, you can pause the update by pressing in the pause button or tap again to continue. When the update is complete, the firmware will be updated automatically.
Still, have questions after reading this Autel Maxiim im608 review article? Comment below.