When it’s about the cars, an experienced owner is aware of all the maintenance tips and tricks. And modern science makes this easy for everyone with the OBD trouble codes. But sometimes, fixing issues with an ordinary OBD2 device is challenging. That’s why the technicians or professionals need a highly advanced OBD2 scanning device to solve this type of case. Many brands are now at the top of the list for providing technicians with the best quality scanners. This article is the best choice if you are confused about the pro scanners from a well-known OBD2 manufacturer called Autel. Here we will review the three high-tech scanners: the Autel MaxiIm im608 vs. im508 vs. Maxisys Elite. These are some of the best scanners available now for every professional. Though it is finally tough to differentiate their products, you will get this below.
First, we start with a fundamental review of all these tree scanners; after that, we find their similarities and differences.
Comparison Chart: Autel MaxiIM im608 vs. im508 vs. MaxiSYS Elite
Autel MaxiIM im608
Autel MaxiIM im508
Autel MaxiSys Elite
|Item Dimensions:||11.8 x 8.66 x 1.97 inches||7.09 x 3.94 x 1.18 inches||19 x 7 x 17 inches|
|Screen Size:||10.1 Inches||7 Inches||9.7 Inches|
|Weight:||16.57 pounds||1.74 pounds||2.2 pounds|
|Vehicle Connection:||Maxiflash JVCI||OBDII Cable||J2534 MaxiFlash Elite|
|Memory:||64GB SSD||32GB SSD||64GB SSD|
|Operating System:||Android 4.4.2||Android 4.4.2||Android 4.4.4|
|Backup ECU data:||Yes||Yes||No|
|Remote Frequency Detect:||Yes||With XP400||No|
|Support PC:||Yes||With XP400||No|
|BMW FEM/BDC Key Learning & ECU Adaptation:||Yes||Yes||No|
Autel Maxiim im608: Short Overview
Autel announces that the im608 scanner is the most advanced and intelligent diagnostic tool with combinations of advanced key programming. The screen has a 10.1-inch screen and is equipped with the XP400 programmer key. The Maxi flash of the ECU programmer provides full coverage in IMO and another programming version. All these functions make it the fastest scanner on the market.
With the help of internal 64GB space and 2GB ROM, I think you get a fast diagnosis process and can store a lot of information in there. And car repair history is very important data for every car mechanic. Sometimes this information is very helpful in resolving a recent car issue. Like that, you also get 30+ more features in this scene, and this advanced system also updates the OE diagnosis system. With that, it gives you more than 80 car brand coverage in the world. And with auto VIN technology, you can easily get all the details of the vehicle in a few seconds.
Just like other Autel scanners, it is also connected to the Autel cloud service. I think this is a very important option for everyone. If you need any help from Autel, you just need to contact them. They check the history of the car from the Clod data manager and solve it as soon as possible. So this is an essential part of the Autel im608 scanner.
Autel Maxiim im508: All the key features
This Autel Maxim im508 is a very user-friendly, fast, and updated scanner that gets every key of the programming device. This is an Android-based scanner that has a touch screen. The most potent Cortex A9 processor also has 32 GB of internal memory to save any information. And this IOS system makes for fast boot-up and multi-tasking of this device. Critical programming is a potent combination, making maintaining the car’s system easy. This scanner is also an expert in advanced key learning. This scanner also reads the PIN/CS, key generation, key learning, remote learning, etc. Resetting the IMMO of the ECU for reset, adoption, or refreshing also gives you access to reprogramming the ECU of the system. The Autel Maxiim im508 is also an absolute write transponder, and with the help of the powerful diagnostic system OE, it covers over 80+ car brands worldwide.
As for advanced maintenance, you also get EPB, DPF, SAS, oil reset, BMS, etc., features with this scanner. In the latest version of this scanner, you also get an active test and can complete a special function in the scanner.
This scanner also comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that gives you more than 4.5 hours of continuous battery backup. With the help of an ambient light sensor, it also auto-corrects the screen’s brightness and saves charge there. You also get Wi-Fi, USB, and an external SD card slot on the device, and these three are very important in many ways. Like Wi-Fi helps you to update the system, USB helps you get a printout of any issue in the car, and an external SD card just enhances the scanner’s memory, so you can store more information there than with another ordinary scanner. And for professional reasons, checking the car’s history is very important. And you do all the essential things with this device.
About Autel MaxiSYS Elite Professional OBD2 Device: Here
Autel Maxiim im608 vs. im508 vs. Maxisys Elite: Key Differences
There are some similarities and dissimilarities you get in this device .let’s see some of them so that we can make the difference between these three scanners:
- Android version: the IOS of im608 and im508 is AndroidTM 4.4.2 kitkat, Autel Elite is Android 4.4.4 kitkat. Here the winner is Maxisys elite scanner, and it has the most updated android version than others.
- Vehicle Connection: the VCI connection of im508 is basic, OBD 2 cable. But you need max flash JCVI for im608 and j2534 max flash for the elite scanner.
- Battery details: you can re-generate the battery with these three scanners. The Maximize Elite has a 15400 mAh 3.7 V lithium-polymer battery. On the other hand, im608 has a 15000mAh battery, and im508 has a 5000 mAh battery with Lithium polymer material. Here the capacity of the battery elite is more than two scanners.
- Processor: Autel elite has a 1.8 GHz quad-core processor, but another two get a 1.7 Hexa core processor. And this processor makes a faster elite scanner than the other two.
- Memory: IM508 only has 32GB of memory, which is enormous for any regular scanner. And this memory is beneficial for storing much important information there. But the other two get as usual space, 64GB with SSD function.
- VCI connectivity: you get the support of USB2.0, WLAN, and BT in these three devices, but only Maxisys Elite supports USB 3.0 connection.
- Component activators: IM608 and Elite both are advanced Bi-directional scanners, but another does not have this facility.
- OBD 2 connectors: only elite scanners come with a 1996-2001 kit for OBD 2 trouble code.
- ECU coding: you can enter ECU coding with the help of Elite and the im608 scanner; im508 doesn’t do this.
- Read IMMO pin: im608 and im508 can read all keys lost on the vehicle, but Elite doesn’t do this.
- Display details: Maxisys elite has a 9.7″ 2048×1536 Retina LCD screen,im608 has 10 inches LED with 1920×1200 resolution, and im508 has 7 inches 1024×600 resolution display. All device got a touch screen facility.
- Advanced function: only Autel Elite has the capability of enhanced function with advanced coding and adaptation.
- Support PC: im608 supports this function, but im508 supports only those PCs that have XP400 in it. Here are not these types of features in Elite.
- Software update: with the elite scanner, you get two years of free software updates, and another two scanners get only one year of free updates from Autel.
- Price Comparison: here is the most expensive im608 scanner, around $3000. It has many extra features, and buying the scanner is worth it. The other two are a little bit lower; if your budget is around $2200-$1300, then the device is available. But my choice is elite. This is the cheapest scanner, with many features and functions.
Final Thought: Who is the Winner?
Compared to these three scanners now, the most basic one is the Autel Maxiim im508. It is the cheapest on this list. And you get every scanner quality and feature in this scanner. So, if your budget is low, this scanner is best for you. But it has a small screen to find any tiny issue in the car’s engine system. But this scanner is lighter than the other two, and the price is also very low. This is a pretty basic type of scanner for professionals.
Let us talk about the other two, which come with very good quality and super fast processors. Both scanners come with advanced technology and also save you time with their fast diagnosis process. The Autel Im608 and the MaxiSYS elite scanner have many similarities and also differences, as you see above. From all these points, the Elite would be the best choice, in my opinion. It’s not so expensive and offers a two-year software update, the IOS system update version, etc., making it more suitable for multi-tasking. So, within this budget, I think Autel MaxiSYS Elite would be the best choice for your garage.
Hi, I am Henry, the owner of this website. If you are a DIY car enthusiast like me and are looking for an all-purpose OBD2 scanner, you’ve come to the right place. With 5+ years of experience in the automobile industry, I have in-depth knowledge about most of the OBD2 scanners regarding their software versions, firmware, features, updates, and compatibility. I love reviewing these gadgets after using and testing them personally. As a result, I always try to provide my honest opinion on the overall product quality.